Thursday, February 28, 2008

My day did not start out well. As Trip and I were heading out the door and discussing which car we should take to work today, I realized that I had totally forgotten about the oil change I had scheduled for today. We probably would've been able to get to the dealership to drop off the car and to work on time, but my car is practically on empty. I wasn't quite comfortable with getting to and from the dealership.

Right away at work I ended up with an unusual question about tax liens (contact the MVA I guess) and several stock price look-ups. Busy, busy, busy!

But the day got better! I got to discuss hiring freezes and Facebook with a fellow librarian. I think I might've convinced him to sign up for Facebook because of the awesomeness of Scrabble. I love playing Scrabble on Facebook. I think perhaps some of my relatives (ahem: JENNY!) should sign up so I can attempt to play them there!

The reason that the oil change slipped my mind is because I am going on a retreat this weekend and last night we finally got organized. (Yes, we are leaving on Friday...it's a little last minute!) So this morning and last night I was busy with retreat preparations -- typing up our agenda, the food list, and the list of what to pack. This morning I was making a list of things that we have to do tonight and what not to forget in the refrigerator (bacon and cheese!). With my mind on making flourless peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies tonight, I just forgot about oil changes!
I hope I have time to get everything prepared -- tonight I have to go home, eat dinner, teach Confirmation, go home again, watch LOST, make cookies, prepare a short devotional, and pack for the weekend. Can it all be done? I don't know, but I'll be busy tonight!

No comments: