Monday, February 18, 2008

I went for my first run in quite some time today. Wowsers, was it rough! I am seriously out of shape and probably won't be ready for the St. Patrick's Day 5K. I mean, I could probably do it, but it would mean doing A LOT of walking! And that's not my style.

I wasn't going to go -- it was gloomy and grey outside this morning when I got up. But around 9 am it started getting sunny out. Since I have today off, I figured I could take a half an hour and just do a 2 mile run. No worries about time (although I did pretty good, probably running about an 11 minute mile when I was running and doing 2 miles in about 24:30 minutes!), just trying to make sure to get the two miles in. But it was sooo warm! Probably the mid-50s! I had dressed for a bit colder weather, hat, long-sleeved T-shirt, short-sleeved T-shirt, and lined pants. I ended up losing the hat before running, but I wish I'd worn shorts! I ended up rolling up my pants in an attempt to stay cool, but it was a toasty run!

Today I might be going to see 27 Dresses with Shayna. It's still playing, so if she's feeling up to it, that's my plan for this afternoon. I'm also planning to make pasties for dinner tonight. Luckily, it should be getting colder this afternoon, which means that the winter-y food will still be palatable!

I finally saw Pulp Fiction this weekend. I didn't really like it all that much. The movie was much longer than I was expecting (2:30!) and while I enjoyed the fact that the stories wrapped around each other (the beginning came into play towards the end) and the overlapping narratives, it wasn't really all that interesting. I am guessing back in 1994 it was quite revolutionary, but it just didn't do much for me. I have enjoyed other Tarantino movies -- I liked Reservoir Dogs a lot and Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2 were pretty awesome. But this one...not so much.

No comments: