Friday, February 23, 2007

How quickly a week flies by!

Still haven't put up the pics from Seattle. Someday! I promise! Because it was a really fun trip.

Wedding planning has progressed. We've decided to go with the Holiday Inn in Towson. Next Tuesday we're going for the tasting. We'll get to try delicious chicken and pork options and some appetizers. The next best thing should be the cake sampling -- that's what I'm really looking forward to doing!

I've also done some dress shopping at David's Bridal. Haven't found "The Dress" yet, but I found some that looked nice and are possibilities. I'm going to Stone Manor Bridal in Cedarburg, WI, which according to Milwaukee Magazine is "The Best Place to Buy a Wedding Gown." Plus there are some other places in Sheboygan County that I'm going with my Mom and sister. It should be fun and I'm sure I'll manage to find something awesome.

Well, enough about the wedding.

Lent has started! And I gave up candy this year. So no chocolate bars, no M&Ms, no candy of any sort! It hasn't been too bad so far, but I like having something sweet after dinner and lately I have in the house is either candy or fruit. And seriously, while fruit is nature's candy, it's not what I want. So I bought some chocolate chip cookies on lunch break today so I can have some dessert next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pork?!

You can't be serious. Our old friend Rabbi Goldstein would most certainly not approve.

--Jon