Monday, September 18, 2006

I love salt water taffy. Someone brought it in from the beach and it is quite delicious.

Speaking of the beach, I went there last weekend with Trip. It was fun and warm, although it was a bit breezy. So we only swam once. No dolphins either. But on the way home, we got to eat at Sonic. Yum!

Fall is an interesting time of year. So many changes are happening. Not so much at work, but at church. New study for our young adults group, which brings new people. And Confirmation is starting up again. I had been stressing, stressing, STRESSING about it. Mostly because nothing was really settled for what we were going to do. This morning I got to meet with my pastor co-teacher and got it figured out for the rest of September. Woo. I'm definitely less stressed now.

I also read an interesting book this morning (well, finished it!) called Rumspringa*. It was all about the Amish and the rumspringa that the kids go through when they are 16. I thought it was fascinating to read about the Amish. Mostly because they really live out their faith -- and that seems to be one of the big things that the kids think about when they are out partying and whatnot -- what happens if I die away from church? Their whole lifestyle is just sooo different than anything that I could even imagine.

Tomorrow I get to go to DC for a seminar called "Web 2.0 and What It Means for Libraries." Should be an interesting time. It also means that I get to go to work late (1 pm!) and leave at around 4 pm to make into DC before the thing starts. Awesome. The downside is that I don't get to see Trip on Tuesday night.

I've also started taking up running with Trip. We are planning to do a 5K in the near future, and probably a walk/run in Wilmington for Thanksgiving. We're starting out slow -- a combination of running and walking. But I've measured how far we've been going in 30 minutes and it's around 2 miles! Not too shabby! I actually really like running so far -- I just keep reminding myself that there is no need to go fast -- it's not a race!

*It was number 107 on my big list o' books for the year. I've already surpassed last year -- let's see if I can finish 150 before January. Go young adult books, so short and delicious!

No comments: