Saturday, August 26, 2006

I love back-to-school time. I love going to Target and seeing all the paper and pencils and pens. (Ah, pens! Such a delightful thing to peruse and then buy!) I am kind of sad every September that I no longer have a real reason to purchase school supplies. And that I do not get to stop what I am doing for the summer and start something new.

It seems like every year around this time I start to think of going back to school. I'm never quite sure what I would go back for -- although today the idea of becoming an engineer popped into my head. I'm not sure what type, but I imagine that the math would probably be my downfall. I've also thought about becoming a nurse, but I think if I were to go back to school, I'd make sure it was a more conventional 9-5 type of job.

I also really want to go fall shopping. It seems odd because fashion this year really has not appealed to me. The latest trends - leggings and big belts, '80s long T-shirts and tunics, layering, and ruffly shirts - are not really my style at all. I don't even really know what I do need for the fall. I suppose I should go through my closet at home and get rid of things (next weekend I'll be doing this with Trip's closet). The only thing I know I need is some metallic (bronze or gold) shoes to wear to the upcoming weddings. I would really love to get a pair of bronze peep-toe pumps with a medium height heel, but I cannot seem to find any online. Perhaps I'll have better luck in real life.

I did a little shopping yesterday -- Target (where I found the really hideous trendy clothing) and Marshalls. It's tax-free shopping in Maryland now, so I thought, 'why not?' I didn't really find anything -- although I'm thinking I should've bought the chocolate and cream zebra print skirt (by Michael Kors!) at Marshalls. Maybe I'll go back today... It would look good with red or pink or brown, but my only objection is that it's $30! (Of course, reduced from the suggested price of $98!!)

I fell coming up the stairs at work today...so coordinated!

Tonight I have big plans of going to the drive-in with the Young Adults from church. Three movies are playing - Monster House (which looks like fun), Talladega Nights (funny, I saw it last weekend!), and Little Man. Guess which movie we're not planning on staying to see?

No comments: