But in other news, this upcoming week I have a good excuse not to blog. I'm going to be heading to Wisconsin for a week of vacation over the Fourth of July!!! With Trip, who will be meeting the fam. Other things planned include:
- Tour of Plymouth, including such fun places as my high school, the library, and the Mighty Mullet River
- Seeing the Kohler Design Center
- Probably seeing Lake Michigan
- Meeting up with a high school friend for breakfast
- Camping for four days with my parents, my sister, and her boyfriend
- Campfires complete with s'mores and marshmallow roasting
- Seeing the UWEC campus
- Fireworks and possibly a baseball game in Eau Claire
- Hitting the Leinenkugel Lodge for a tour and some beer tasting...delicious!
- Pie at the Bloomer Main Street Cafe!
- Getting a tan and swimming
- Visiting another state capitol
- Seeing the Cow Parade
- Possibly seeing the farmer's market and Art Fair on the Square
- Seeing a college friend and her husband!
So...as you can see, I've got an awesome week up ahead. And I promise you pictures of cows. Even though my digital camera isn't quite working properly, there will be pictures up once I get back.
Oh, and the wedding that was last weekend went well. Trip's friends were really nice and not at all scary. (I know, I should've expected it, but still...you never know!) I had a really good time and didn't go overboard drinking. There was dancing, which is always fun. Mostly it was just really relaxing, staying at a hotel and sleeping in. Plus we went swimming with this adorable pair of little kids and their older sister. It was really fun! Plus I looked hot for the wedding -- my dress was quite a success. A couple of Trip's friend's fiancees thought that it was from BCBG! Me, wear designer? Who would've thought?
One last thought: I was getting books on CD for our long drive out to Wisconsin and I thought, I should get Pure Drivel by Steve Martin. I listened to it when we drove down to Florida for spring break in 2002 and it was great! Unfortunately, it was checked out. So no Drivel for us. However, I did get The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin which looks to be fun. Plus it's only five hours long. Another option for our listening pleasure is the latest Harry Potter -- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. But it's 19 hours long...I don't think we'll manage to listen to it all...