Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So...it's been a while. I keep opening entries with that. Perhaps next time I won't acknowledge the passage of time.

Right, so, onward with a fun recap of the life of Rebecca. This past weekend was quite delightful and incredibly busy. I had a dinner party for a few people on Friday night. I made pizza (mushroom with pesto sauce and BBQ chicken) and we played Cranium. Well, we almost finished the game. Everyone kept getting distracted by the pagentry of the opening cermonies of the Olympics.

Then bright and freakin' early on Saturday morning I left to go up to Delaware with Trip. We were supposed to be at his parent's house at 9 am, so I had to get up around 6 AM to properly shower, dress, go to the gas station (for I got to drive this time!), and get money at the ATM. So I woke up and looked at my clock and thought that it was six o'clock. So I took a shower and put in my contacts. Then I looked at the clock again. It wasn't six o'clock, it was one thirty in the MORNING! I had only been sleeping for about an hour and a half before waking up. Needless to say, I didn't need to get up quite so early, but I was still pretty tired.

We went to the Franklin Institute to see the BodyWorks exhibit. It was pretty weird. I don't think I would have gone to see it on my own. The bodies were real people's -- they donated their bodies so that this German guy could plastize them and teach laypeople (aka non-doctors) more about veins and organs and muscles. It was really creepy at first, and I really only adjusted to it after the first third of the exhibit. I wish that we'd been able to see more of the Institute, but because of the impending SNOW STORM, we left pretty quickly. But I did manage to see the big giant walk-through heart and an planetarium show. Good times.

So Saturday night I just hung out with Trip and his roommate and saw Crash. It was good.

And Sunday, I went shopping and got a pair of jeans, pinstriped pants, black boots to wear with pants, three pairs of knee highs, and some awesome furry lined shoes from Nine West. They rock! I'm wearing them now because I love them so much.

Today is Valentine's Day and I'm having dinner made by Trip. I'm really looking forward to it. And I have some silly gifts for him. My theme for today was "Unsentimental" because I feel I often tend to get too goopy. So I went with silly gifts, including a gummy heart, wind-up leiderhosen, a Boo-urns T-shirt, and a mix CD. Mix CDs rock. And, of course, a chocolate bar. What Valentine's Day is complete without one?

This will be the first Valentine's Day that I've ever had with a boyfriend... In college, it was mostly a night to go out for dinner with the girls. And wear silly Valentine's Day socks. Personally, I don't think today should be a huge (yooge?) deal, mostly because it's expected. But if I can spend some time with my sweetie (and have him make dinner for me!), all the better. And it's a good excuse to make a mix CD. One that is all rise, no fall!!

No comments: