Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Wow. It's been a while since I last posted, but I've been busy.

Thanksgiving was really, really good. I had a good time meeting Trip's family and they were all very nice and welcoming. I did miss having leftovers and eating homemade food, but it was nice to be with a family for Thanksgiving. It did make me miss my own family though -- I haven't really seen most of my extended family since July 2002, after I graduated from college. And it would be nice if we could arrange a family reunion or something like that, but it seems hard with everyone being so spread out...especially those that are in Alaska.

Then after Thanksgiving, I ended up getting a pretty bad cold. And it's been hanging on for about a week now. I'm only now beginning to feel better. Despite not feeling good, I had to go to a conference in Lancaster, PA. It was actually pretty good -- but I'm not sure that going to a career counseling conference was the best idea. I feel like I got something out of it, but not exactly what I had hoped to get. It was mostly college and university career counselors, and I had hoped to meet more private practitioners that I could perhaps convince to present at the library. But still -- I did meet some people from Baltimore, so that's not too bad. And I learned how to speed read people!

This week I took Monday off, which was a really good idea. I hadn't ever taken a sick day before, and I think it was necessary. I got a lot of sleep, watched some TV, and now I feel like I can make the rest of the week go pretty well. I have to do a career day presentation to 3-5 graders on Friday and I have to figure out what I'm going to do. I'm thinking I might have to get a book and do some story time stuff with them....it should be interesting! Especially since I haven't done anything like that for a long time -- but I think I can pull it off. And I'll probably talk to the children's librarians at work and get some suggestions from them.

Also, it was Trip's birthday yesterday and my present was good! I was pretty happy -- I was a little unsure as to whether or not I would come up with a good gift idea, but a mix CD, the new Death Cab for Cutie CD, the Rock Snob's Dictionary, and a suede cleaning kit were a hit. Yay for me. Now I just have to figure out what to get him for Christmas.

Well, I gotta get ready for work. Have an awesome day.

No comments: