Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm still not feeling 100% yet, but I think my cold is finally nearing completion. I'm still coughing, but I'm not quite as tired as I used to be.

Anyway! Enough about the sickness. The countdown to my Christmas vacation has begun -- I'll be heading back to Wisconsin and the Central/Earth time zone in exactly ten days! T-minus ten days to fun in the snow.

And...this weekend I managed to get practically all of my Christmas presents bought. I only have one small present left to pick up and then I'm done! I also finished writing my Christmas cards last night and should be getting them off in the mail today. Yay! I'm planning on next Saturday being a marathon Christmas cookie baking day -- I usually give the people I work with a dozen cookies or so. I've got the usual suspects planned -- kiss cookies, cut-out cookies, and raspberry-chocolate meringue cookies (also known as "bomb cookies" because they explode in your mouth when you eat 'em). But I'd like to make four different kinds -- so I might make a toffee type of cookie or maybe a lemon shortbread cookie that I would dip in dark chocolate. Or else I made some really delicious orange-chocolate biscotti a few years ago. Who knows? I guess it depends on how ambitious I am feeling. But I love baking!

I saw the new Harry Potter movie on Friday and it was really, really good! I haven't seen the third one yet, but this one was actually very interesting and the effects were good. They left a lot out of the plot -- but honestly, I think it just served to streamline things. I mean, did we really have to get a whole subplot about the reporter? I don't think so. But it was good -- a little scary but not terrible. And I loved the Weasley twins -- they were so amusing. It also seemed to be a very British film -- especially the close everyone was wearing. It just felt very, very British. And Harry and Ron are growing up to be very cute!

I'm hoping to see Walk the Line soon, and probably on Friday. There seem to be a lot of movies I would like to see -- but yet I can't think of any at this moment. I know I'd like to see The Producers and King Kong, but I thought there were some more...well, I'm sure once January rolls around, I'll be more aware of all the Oscar-bait movies that I should be seeing. Hee.

Well, I gotta get ready for work!

No comments: