Thursday, August 18, 2005

This has just been one of the weirdest weeks for me of late. So much stuff going on personally that just made me think a little too much. And work....well, work is work, of course. I get frustrated with it quite a bit, actually, because people are concerned that I'm doing too much and I'm just like, no, seriously I am not. Oh well. The week is almost over. Just FRIDAY left.

And I'm going to the Farmer's market on Saturday to get tomatoes to make home-made roasted tomato sauce. And maybe some cucumbers to make delicious cucumber salad. And clean. I really need to clean the apartment. Well, really, my room. It's sad how messy I can be.

But I read another book yesterday -- number 73 thus far. It was very good and quite entertaining. Confessions of a Teen Sleuth by Chelsea Cain is all about the real story of Nancy Drew and how her college roommate Carolyn Keane is the one who stole and didn't quite faithfully reproduce her adventures as a teen sleuth. I really enjoyed it because many of the characters from the mystery serials of the time period showed up, including Trixie Belden's daughter, the Hardy Boys, Cherry Ames, and some people from TEEN. I wasn't familiar with them, but I think they were from the '60s/'70s. It was quite fun and a quick read.

And now it's late-ish and I feel like I should be doing other things. Let's hope that tomorrow goes quickly and that this weekend is fun. And maybe productive.

No comments: