Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm going to a visitation tonight. A friend of mine from church died on Sunday. It is so crazy to think of him not being there any more -- Doug was definitely one of the core members of the young adults group that I belong to. And even though I didn't necessarily know him that well, it just feels so weird to know that I won't ever see him again. He was thirty-five -- a whole decade older than me. But it's really the first time that I've known someone who has died who wasn't an elderly relative. Or a high school student a year older than me.

I think there will be some of us from the young adult group who will be going to the visitation at the same time. Dave suggested going out afterwards for dinner so that we could process it together as a group. I hope that it helps.

No comments: