Saturday, February 12, 2005

Plans for my "Taste of the Midwest" dinner party are cooking along. I think I am going to make a Wisconsin Beer Cheese soup for a starter. And perhaps a cheese plate for appetizers. It'll definitely be a meal that should fill everyone up -- lots of meat and potatoes and cheese. Yum.

I'm also trying to get some cheese curds online, but I'm thinking that it might not be worth the hassle. Plus it's not exactly cheap to get them shipped from Wisconsin.

Anyway, I saw Sideways last night with the girly librarians. It was fun, and we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery afterwards for some delicious ice cream. I got the Birthday Cake Remix, which had a brownie and rainbow sprinkles in cake batter ice cream with hot fudge on top. Let me tell you, it was de-licious. And the ice cream totally tasted like cake batter! I love cake batter!!!

Today I am supposed to go tubing with the young adults from church, but I am not really excited about it right now... So...I've got like four hours to get ready. It's just that I don't really have a lot of winter wear for tubing -- no ski pants, no warm mittens, and no boots. (I know, why don't I? I don't know -- I'm not into skiing or anything like that! Even when I lived in Wisconsin.) So...yeah. Otherwise my roommate has mentioned the fact that we could go to the AFI theater in Silver Spring and scare some people from work that we know are going there this evening. I think it would be funny, but I don't want people to think that I'm stalking them. It would be really funny though if we totally feigned innocence -- oh, I totally forgot that you were going to be here tonight! I decided not to go tubing and we decided to go see another movie tonight and go to the deli that my roommate is always raving about.

But I have to work tomorrow -- which should be fun. I'll be on the desk for four hours! (Gasp!) It seems odd that they still want me to be the third person on the desk if I can be the second person on the desk for an entire day. It's almost like when it's convenient, I can handle it, otherwise, I'm not quite there yet. This is why I am impatient with my training. One day I'm competent enough to handle it, the other day, I can't. It's a little annoying, but I am working on patience for Lent. Yes, patience!! Because it can only get better. Enough!! Have a super fantastic weekend, y'all.

No comments: