Friday, February 18, 2005

It's been like, forever since I last updated.

And today I'm back at my old department, filling in, so I actually have time (and no one looking over my shoulder) to update.

Work has been going pretty good. We got a new librarian in the new department on Monday and that has helped with making me no longer feel like "the new girl." 'Cuz she's the new girl. Plus I had a couple meetings this week, which usually makes things more fun. I wish my meetings were a little bit more spread out, but that's okay. It's like a whole week o' fun.

I have also come up with a complete menu for my "Taste of the Midwest" dinner on Monday.

Appetizer: Cheese and crackers
Soup: Golden Carrot Soup
Salad: Spinach salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Entree: Tater-tot Casserole and Pasties
Vegetables: Mashed rutabaga and Cream Corn Pudding
Dessert: Fruit cocktail Jell-o with whipped cream and bars/torte

Beverages will include milk, water, coffee, and assorted pops.

Doesn't it sound yummy? And I'm making everything except the Jello. I'm slightly insane, I think, but it should be fun. My mom has also suggested buying Swedish rye bread, but unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to find it around here. Perhaps Jewish rye bread, but it's not the same -- or at least I don't think it's the same. So I might make bread too. We'll see how busy I am with all the other cooking I have to do.

I'm hoping to keep working on the blog from home, but there are just some days that I don't want to go online after being at work all day. Also, perhaps once I actually start working the desk, things will be different. Who knows?

Well, I might as well take advantage of a slow afternoon to read some news and gossip.

No comments: