Thursday, January 20, 2005

I haven't really had anything interesting to say of late, hence the lack of posts recently.

Not that the situation has really changed, but I felt an update was due.

There is snow in Baltimore! It's very exciting, although school was not cancelled for today so I believe we still have Confirmation this evening which I haven't planned out yet. I also have to work the entire weekend, which means that if we get more snow, I will get early morning phone calls from a couple of people telling me the code it is. But basically, because I am essential personal I have to go into work no matter what. Or at least put some effort into making it downtown. It's kind of a bummer, but whatever. And also kind of weird because I'm not essential in my current department but essential in the new department. Whatever. It'll all get figured out in February.

Also, I have to call HR today to confirm that I indeed do have the rank that they told me. There seems to be a little disbelief about what level I am on with the new job and I'd like to confirm that what they've told me is correct. Because if it isn't, that really sucks. I am hoping the fact that the HR lady took two and a half weeks to give me the official letter makes it correct.

Yeah, so that's about it. No big plans for the weekend, mostly just excitement over not working tomorrow. Yay. I can sleep in! Saturday, however, I get to go bowling with the young adults from church and I'm dragging my roommate along. I think it should be fun...and because I'm going to that I'm not going to an awards banquet that a not-cute-at-all church friend tried to get me to go to. Yeah, that's a whole 'nother story and I'm not going to get into it right now.

No comments: