Thursday, December 09, 2004

I had a disappointing lunch hour today. My sister and I had decided to go in together to buy my Dad a shirt from the ESPNZone in Baltimore. He had requested -- for his birthday back in October -- a denim button-up shirt with the ESPNZone logo. So I decided today would be a great day to walk down to the Inner Harbor and pick up one for him. I managed to get all the way down there in a mere twenty minutes only to discover that they didn't sell denim button-up shirts. They had ugly short sleeved polo shirts, T-shirts, and sweatshirts emblazoned with either the ESPN logo or the ESPNZone Baltimore logo, but not what I was looking for.

And now my toes hurt from the long walk. (I didn't wear the right shoes for a long walk today...oh well.) And I have no idea what to get my dad for Christmas now. Perhaps a long-sleeved dress shirt from the Leinie Lodge will suffice... However, on my long walk I did manage to get two Baltimore T-shirts for my Alaska cousins. I couldn't find anything super cute, so I just went with something cheapish.

Anyway, I found out today from the UW jobs list-serv I'm on that the Milwaukee Public Library is now hiring for their Librarian I position. They had a hiring freeze while I was in graduate school, otherwise I might have done an internship there. But the one thing that I had to say after looking at their job application, they pay $36,000-ish to start with!! Crazy!

In other news, I recently won an Ebay auction of a vintage Van Johnson iron-on transfer. Isn't it awesome? I am super excited to be getting it in the mail and I will create the most awesomest T-shirt you have ever seen. It will rock the casbah, I tell you! Well, perhaps not the casbah, but I will be very entertained by it. And no one will know who is on my shirt -- except you, dear reader, and that will be cool. I just hope that the iron-on works -- it is vintage, so who knows how old it is!

No comments: