Monday, October 25, 2004

I had an awesome weekend.

And one of the highlights was having three middle school girls say I look like Kirsten Dunst. Now, I gotta say I didn't agree with it at first, but after mentioning it to my roommate and one of the other adult leaders on the retreat, they agreed. And I did a little image searching myself and yeah, I guess I do...a little. But now when I get those stupid forwards that include a question about what famous person you look like I'll have an answer! (Although technically, Kirsten Dunst looks like me 'cuz I've got two years on her. Ha!)

The retreat was fun. Really tiring but fun. I was leading a small group -- eleven middle schoolers. There was no training, so it was pretty much just winging it, but it turned out alright. The only downside was that the kids were soooo impatient to get out. They wanted lots of "free time" to hang out. Let me just say that the retreat was a lot less organized than I was used to. You couldn't get away with running a camp like that!

I also got to spend some time with a couple of the other young adults chaperoning (Cute Church guy and a fellow Confirmation teacher) which was awesome. I ended up talking with Cute Church guy through the whole of Finding Nemo and it was pretty cool. He's kind of in a similar situation to me with his job -- he doesn't really like it that much. But he's all about moving out of Baltimore in the next year, which is kind of sad. I mean, I don't think I plan to stay in Baltimore forever, but at least I'm happy to be here. But I don't compare Wisconsin to paradise and/or heaven either, as Cute Church guy does with California.

All in all, it was a fun weekend. I got to know some of the confirmation kids better and it was a good weekend for me too. Plus I got to go canoeing, which was totally highlight number two! I love canoeing, although I gotta say that I prefer canoeing on a river where you get to go somewhere instead of in the Chesapeake Bay.

But when I got home I got to hear all about Librarian Boyfriend from my roommate. Argh. They have such a disfunctional relationship that I am getting tired of calling him an ass. I mean, she's messed up and he's messed up and they really should just both avoid each other. But nooooo -- they have to try to be friends. It's just kind of annoying, and it's only been a month!

And I can't get one of the songs from Annie Get Your Gun out of my head. "You cain't win a man with a gun. With a gun! No, you cain't win a man with a gun!" I don't know much more of the song so it is just looping over and over and over again! It's just too catchy!

No comments: