Friday, September 03, 2004

It's Friday, thank God.

Yeah, I know, it's late and I'm obviously writing this from home instead of the library. Yes, I was a (kind of) conscientious worker today. I just ended up staying up late watching The Daily Show's coverage of the RNC -- which I did not watch on TV. Yeah, I know I should have, but I just couldn't do it. Seriously, I watch the news so I knew what was going on, but there is no way I could have sat through the hogwash the Republicans were spouting.

But the Daily Show made it all palatable -- especially Zell Miller, the insane Democrat gone wrong. (Although, I might say, I definitely wouldn't want him to be considered a Democrat any more, especially after his crazy interview with Chris Matthews.) Anyone who wishes they lived in the time that duels were still fought is certifiably insane. But I did note that the Republicans ate it up with a big spoon and asked for seconds! Maybe it's okay to totally lie about the opponent if you're part of their party. Uh, yeah. My favorite mis-information from Miller was when he said "Today, at the same time young Americans are dying in the sands of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan, our nation is being torn apart and made weaker because of a Democrat's manic obsession to bring down our commander in chief." Maniac obsession. Yes, only maniac Democrats would run during election year!

Anyway, I got most of my info from Slate's coverage of the RNC, it's also very informative and entertaining, especially if you're a Democrat. Hilarious!

In more politically related news, I now have a Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker on my car. The Central Baltimore County Democrats Club wants me to join up -- only $20 for a year! -- because I'm a registered Democrat. Yeah, I'm thinking about it. I would like to be more politically active, especially in more local politics, so this would be an excellent opportunity...

And I'm going to be giving up handbell choir to teach Confirmation at church. I'm kind of sad -- I really did enjoy ringing the bells and it was fun to do something musically related, but I think Confirmation will be fun too. Plus there are a couple of other young adults assisting with the teaching this year, so I can make friends at the same time. Yay! Everyone wins, especially God.

It's Labor Day weekend! I can't really believe that the summer is practically over and it hasn't been insanely humid and hot. I barely used my air conditioner, and considering that I didn't get it until early August, that says a lot about the unusual weather. And I've almost been in Baltimore for a YEAR! I know, I can't believe it either. And I keep asking myself how much longer I am going to be here... Who knows? Some days I want to be out of here and away from public libraries and other days I really like it. So, the answer is: I don't have a freakin' clue. That's a good answer.

I'm going to go play one of the old LucasArts games -- Full Throttle -- which will hopefully work now that I have the new updated SCUMM VM simulator. Good times!

No comments: