Wednesday, September 01, 2004

My fingers have been hurting for the past few days, which makes me less enthusiastic about typing and even surfing the web. Well, I've worked through the pain for the New York Times, but not as much for y'all.

Anyway, I have to decide what to make tonight for the department's first Thursday breakfast extravaganza. Muffins, deviled eggs, or something else? I don't know, but I'll have to make up my mind tonight. My main issue is not really feeling like spending a ton of money. But I'm sure I'll make some delicious coffee cake or something like that. Next month I'm definitely not going to volunteer -- I've made something two out of the four months we've been doing this. It's time for someone else to step up and bake. (Although my department is mostly men -- I'm the only female librarian -- so I'm not sure how that will go over...so stereotypical, but true!)

There's also a new job opening up in the library -- it's a Librarian II position, which I am on the eligibility list for because of my interview for the Librarian II position in my current department. It's not really my ideal job, but it would probably be a heck of a lot more stuff to do than my current one! It's just that it's business, science and technology and I'm the stereotypical English lit/humanities girl. I'm sure I can get over it -- heck, I'd never really thought about Maryland before I moved here -- but do I want to? Well, for more money, probably. I'm sure I won't get the job -- there's probably someone who has been around forever who'll get it, but it's worth a try.

So what have I been doing lately, other than driving to Buffalo? I'm planning a weekend of fun -- Saturday night I'm going to dinner with the library ladies. We're going to Cheeburger, Cheeburger which has a killer menu and then watching The Way We Were on TCM. And Monday will be the Rodgers Forge Irregulars Labor Day Extravaganza. Yes, more bbq-ing in Boyfriend Librarian's backyard. Let's just hope that it doesn't rain! Oh, and in between fun I'm going to start packing up my closets and unnecessarily things. Or throwing them out.

So what are your plans for Labor Day?

No comments: