Monday, September 13, 2004

I love it when I feel like I got something done. Tomorrow I'm having another meeting about the genealogy lecture series the library is having in March. I am supposed to have some ideas of what we can include a notebook to be given to each of the series participants. So I went through the Newberry Library's website and came up with a bunch of bibliographies that we could put together pretty easily on different topics. And then I went through my genealogy class's textbook and came up with a list of forms that might be useful to include. Yay for me.

Anyway, I am also totally grooving out to Simon & Garfunkel today. I got the Garden State soundtrack and the last song I listened to on my drive into work today was "The Only Living Boy in New York." And it is totally catchy! Can't get it out of my head, and I don't really want to either. Overall, the soundtrack is pretty darn good. I love Zero 7's song and the ones by The Shins have grown on me. Really, the only song that I don't like is "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" by Colin Hay. And it's mostly because it never ends.

I also got another new CD last weekend. (Yes, I am stopping with the electronic impulse buys. But it was so cheap at Target!) Keane is pretty darn keen and I love Hopes & Fears. They're a trio of lads from England who don't have a guitar player -- just a piano. It's the best non-guitar band I've heard since Ben Folds Five broke up.

Not much else going on here. There was some drama on Sunday night with the S.-Boyfriend Librarian situation. I don't really feel like getting into it, but essentially, it appears that their friendship has broken up over her not going to a drive-in movie with him. I know that's how I like to end my friendships. So watch out -- when I invite you to a drive-in movie, you'd better go, or else the friendship is over!

I have started packing -- I've got one whole closet practically empty, and I'm working at going through my wardrobe to get rid of crap I haven't worn since moving here. Good times, and I'm sure Goodwill will appreciate my moving. Or at least I hope so.

I must say, I was kind of disappointed by the premiere of The Apprentice on Thursday. I caught the end of it, and I was kind of watching the Saturday night rerun of the show -- I was working on my other blog at the time, finishing up the 31 Movies in 31 Days Challenge -- and it just hasn't really hooked me yet. I guess it's hard with there being eighteen contestants and the fact that they never really introduced them, but still! I do enjoy Raj, even if he does wear pimp-like clothing and carries a cane. I think he shall be entertaining...for a while. And tonight is the season opener of Everwood! Huzzah! We can finally find out what has happened to Ephram's baby. Or will we...? I don't know for sure, but I have to say that the WB, despite being an extremely low-rated network, they do have intriguing shows. I am thinking about watching Jack & Bobby -- y'know, the show about the kid who grows up to be president -- despite the fact that it is on at the same time as Law & Order: Criminal Intent (also known as Law & Order: Vincent d'Onofrio to me.) Ah, decisions.

No comments: