Saturday, August 14, 2004

I'm turning into one of those indie hipsters now. I got a new CD yesterday -- yeah, I spent too much money at Old Navy and Best Buy, but I got Franz Ferdinand! And they totally rock! So now I've got Modest Mouse and Jet, who are kind of that kind of music too. I really love Franz Ferdinand though -- I heard one of their songs on the radio and I totally thought it was Modest Mouse. But it's not! I guess one reason I'm not an indie hipster is that I learn about these groups from (a) the radio and (b) VH-1. Ha!

So what else is new? Not too much. I played trivia again last night, so I'm tired today. We won money again -- despite only get three questions right, we managed to pull off the last question (put these three groups in order of most Billboard #1 records awarded: the Rolling Stones, Bee Gees, and Madonna. It's Madonna, the Bee Gees, and the Rolling Stones, just in case you were wondering.). So then we got to do a tie-breaker question, which was basically how many steps are there to the top of the Eiffel Tower? Kentucky boy knew that there were 99 stories, so we guessed 1808 and were only off by 300 steps! (There is around 1500 steps). So third place was ours! What excitement!

Work is slow, and I'm not on the desk much today. I don't know what I'm going to do...I guess I can work on the website a little...yeah, good times.

No comments: