Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Blogger's got a new toolbar instead of the text ads advertising for Blogspot. I think I like it more -- although I might add that the topics of the text ads were often amusing and somewhat tangentally related.

What's new? Not too much. I went out last night to Bateman's -- the Best Buffalo Wings in Towson! -- to watch the Packer/Seahawks game with Wisconsin church friend and Cute Church guy. I didn't really watch the game much -- I was there more for socialization -- but ended up talking to Cute Church guy. The man loves to talk, and I think his favorite subject is himself. I do like him and everything, but seriously, when someone considers everything east of West Virginia and west of Sacramento "fly-over country," it gets old fast. So, yeah. The only redeeming factor is that he wants to live in Chicago, despite never having been there.

At the library -- not so busy. I've got the virtual reference stuff today, but there isn't too much to work on. The weird thing is that I'm only on desk for an hour today. Bizarre. So, let's just say that I have a little free time today.

I also "owe" my boss a favor -- I'm getting three weekends off this month so that I can drive up to Buffalo to see Springer and try on bridesmaid dresses. So next weekend I'll be taking a half day on Friday and then taking off for New York state. Yippee! I think I'll get to see Niagra Falls though, and that should be fun. Well, trying on bridesmaid dresses should be fun too. So long as we figure out what to get ASAP!

No comments: