Saturday, July 24, 2004

I played trivia last night with most of the people from the young adults group and it was lots of fun. I wish I had known about sooner, but it looks like we'll be going every Friday night from now on. And, best of all, we came in third or fourth -- and won $10 in house cash. Basically, we got a gift certificate for $10 worth of stuff at Bateman's -- I can get a discount on my drink next week. Yeehaw!

In other news, I am now the proud owner of an air conditioner. I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but I ended up paying $30 for installation. I hope it included the work on Cynical Librarian's air conditioner as well. But the thing is, I could have installed it myself! And I wouldn't have drilled screws into the window sill! I didn't think to ask him not to do that -- I have a feeling that I will probably be moving out in October, and it seems kind of silly to have it installed "permenantly" when I probably won't be here in a few months. But the a/c should help when it gets humid. Today is definitely not a day that I need it -- it's breezy and not terribly humid. Perfect mid-July weather in my mind.

No comments: