Sunday, March 21, 2004

I'm getting over my cold today, so without further ado, 100 Things About Me:

1. I believe in God.
2. My sign is Capricorn.
3. I was born in the year of the monkey.
4. I love British music.
5. I had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
6. I only do laundry once a month.
7. Peeps are my favorite holiday candy.
8. I have dressed up as the tooth fairy for Halloween.
9. I’ve been keeping journals off and on since I was 10.
10. I read the New York Times online every day.
11. Most of my socks have cute designs on them.
12. I would love to work at my alma mata.
13. Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen novel.
14. I graduated from college with an extra semester’s worth of credits.
15. I always forget to put lotion on in the morning.
16. My mother, grandmother, and I look strikingly similar (when we were the same age).
17. I want to have a dog.
18. I like starlight mints.
19. I love Natural Ovens whole-grain bagels.
20. I have walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.
21. I am working on sewing a quilt by hand.
22. I want to get an MA in English literature.
23. I still want to join the Peace Corps.
24. Wassily Kandinsky’s “Squares with Concentric Rings” is over my sofa.
25. I love Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House series.
26. I like sheep. Baa!
27. I was an obsessed fan for “Remember WENN.”
28. I love granola bars.
29. Give me Pepsi over Coke.
30. When it comes to beer, I prefer Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss when in Wisconsin, and Miller Lite when else where.
31. I love movie musicals.
32. I love driving in big cities.
33. I really like flannel pajama sets.
34. Kevin Henkes is my favorite children’s author.
35. Buttercup is my favorite Power Puff Girl.
36. I have over 2000 MP3s.
37. I haven’t listened to all of my MP3s.
38. I didn’t see “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” until I was 20.
39. I like making mix CDs.
40. I like flavored Alka-Seltzer Plus.
41. I have trouble remembering to return my library books on time.
42. I love pasties (not like the nipple-covering pasties, but the pasties with beef, onion, and potatoes).
43. I was born in Rhinelander, Wisconsin.
44. I know more about how to do genealogical research than I ever wanted to know.
45. George is my favorite Beatle.
46. I was obsessed with the Beatles while in middle school.
47. I have old movie posters (Casablanca, Singin’ in the Rain, and Gone With the Wind) in my kitchen.
48. Central time is my preferred time zone.
49. I like making collages.
50. I hate shaving my legs.
51. My hair has never grown past my shoulders.
52. Foxtrot and Get Fuzzy are my favorite comic strips.
53. The first concert that I went to was “Weird Al” Yankovic.
54. I love Lucas Arts Games, especially the Monkey Island ones.
55. I spent three summers working in a cheese factory.
56. When working at the cheese factory, I was really good at the string cheese lines.
57. While I enjoy all of the Law and Order shows, my favorite is Law and Order: Criminal Intent.
58. I like my job because I get to help people.
59. I lost the worry stone that I got from my grandmother after she died, and sometimes I really miss it.
60. I used to call my grandmother “Mumu” (Finnish for grandmother) and my grandfather “Pupa” (I’m pretty sure
that one was made up).
61. The only reality show that I really enjoy is “The Apprentice.”
62. That Zyrtec commercial has made me want to get a Boston terrier because it’s sooo cute!
63. I have a pretty big DVD/VHS collection.
64. I like shopping at Target.
65. Cotton candy is my favorite fair food.
66. The Zipper is my favorite ride at the fair.
67. I taught myself how to knit.
68. My lucky number is 17.
69. I once made a skirt out of a pair of pants.
70. I spent a summer working at a Christian summer camp.
71. I love Dunkin’ Doughnuts coffee.
72. Chandler is my favorite from the “Friends” gang.
73. Jan is my favorite Brady.
74. I’ve seen every episode of “The Brady Bunch” except for the Thanksgiving episode.
75. I have every episode of “Remember WENN” on tape.
76. I wish I had money to set up a dark room in my bathroom.
77. I’m going to be a bridesmaid in November!
78. I like cinnamon vanilla Coffeemate creamer in my coffee.
79. I love strudel doughnuts.
80. I loved “Choose-Your-Own-Adventure” books.
81. Trixie Belden is my girl sleuth of choice.
82. My favorite perfume is Elizabeth Arden’s Green Tea.
83. I used to swim the 500-freestyle and the 100-backstroke.
84. I want to own property by the time I’m 30.
85. Hydrangeas are my favorite flowers.
86. “The O.C.” is my guilty pleasure TV.
87. I miss college.
88. I don’t really collect anything.
89. Travis is my favorite Scottish band, U2 is my favorite Irish band, Coldplay is my favorite English band, and Stereophonics are my favorite Welsh band.
90. I love the London Underground. Mind the gap!
91. Sometimes I want to move overseas to live in England.
92. Other times I want to move back to Wisconsin or Minnesota.
93. I don’t like hardwood floors.
94. West Side Story is my favorite musical to see live.
95. Roger Ebert is my film critic of choice.
96. Richard Roeper is my favorite columnist.
97. I never bit my fingernails.
98. I miss my family.
99. I like flying.
100. I changed my name from Becky to Rebecca when I started college.

No comments: