Friday, January 30, 2004

Politics are revving up as the several primaries are being held all over the U.S. on Tuesday. (The one I would watch -- North Dakota!) I keep reading the commentary on the Democratic nominee process, and it confuses me sometimes. Like the word "populist." Presumably, it means something popular. But I had never looked it up before. According to Merriam-Webster Online, populist is: a member of a political party claiming to represent the common people; especially often capitalized : a member of a U.S. political party formed in 1891 primarily to represent agrarian interests and to advocate the free coinage of silver and government control of monopolies 2 : a believer in the rights, wisdom, or virtues of the common people. Who would have known? (I found populist specifically in a New York Times article, Political Memo: Whoever is Chosen, Democrats Spoil for a Fight John Kerry's populist message: "Bring it on!" I can't help but wonder if he's seen the movie...)

I just think it's interesting to watch the fray. I'm a Democrat, and I'm not really sure who I will be supporting. John Kerry appeals to me. I don't know why, perhaps it is because he is awkward. And John Edwards is also interesting. He seems like such a nice guy. And his wife and kids are so cute! Yes, I know that I should know more about the issues, but seriously, my lone vote in MARCH won't make too much difference in deciding who will be the eventual Democrat nominee for president.

Oh, I didn't get the job here. Which is good, I didn't really want it. I mean, I did, but not really. And again, I got compliments on my interviewing style. I didn't even know that I had an interviewing style, but I guess I do. And apparently it surprises people. (My boss specifically.)

No comments: