Tuesday, December 02, 2003

It's another slow day at work. I've been on the desk for two hours and not a single reference question. What will I do for the rest of the day?

I've been reading this series of articles from the New York Times about people moving away from rural areas. It makes me so sad to hear that these tiny towns may be facing extinction. And then I wonder if I could ever live somewhere like that... I applied for a job in North Dakota, and had an interview. I didn't get the job -- but I didn't really want to either. North Dakota. I don't even know if I could make it in rural Wisconsin. But those kinds of stories interest me. I guess there is something going back to where I was born that makes me want that simpler way of life.

To shift topics, Christmas is almost here! And with that comes all kinds of fun things to do, including the Monument lighting. Never been, but I hear it's fun. And I'll be going home in 22 days! I'm looking forward to that... I probably won't be able to get home again until summer.

And this weekend, there's the big Book Sale at the library. Should be a good time. And I'll be working at it too...yippee! ;)

No comments: