Tuesday, December 23, 2003

I'm really excited today. I'm going home tomorrow! And work is slow. Seriously, how many people are going to come to the library on December 23? The answer, of course, is probably determined genealogists who are visiting relatives in Baltimore and have to take advantage of the Maryland Department's resources. Yippee.

But I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go home to Wisconsin. Sadly, it doesn't sound like I'm going to have any snow there either, but at least it won't be fifty frickin' degrees out! Maryland weather disappoints me. And when I land in Milwaukee, I'm going to get to see the Gee's Bend Quilts! I'm really excited. I have been anticipating seeing these quilts since July or August, when Marquette got the book Gee's Bend: The Women and Their Quilts. And, of course, I had to get a job before the exhibit opened. I actually started work two days after the exhibit opened in September. Oh well! I will see them tomorrow! And my mom will probably pay for it. Mwahahahaha!

I'm also happy because I have finally found a program online that will let me play my old LucasArts games on my computer. Apparently Scumm VM will let me use my fancy new computer play the old games. Now if only I can find out if we still have the disks for Sam and Max Hit the Road. And if I can get it up and running, my sister will be entertained while she visits me in Baltimore. (I have to work, so she will need to entertain herself most of the time.) Yes, life is good!

No comments: