Thursday, June 05, 2008

I think I'm coming down with a summer cold. Trip was feeling kind of yucky last week and we blamed it on allergies. But since I am now tired and sniffly, it probably isn't the pollen count. Boo.

Anyway! I can't be sick. Must be at work and a retreat this weekend! No rest for the wicked.

It's been a busy couple of weeks with the family reunion over Memorial Day and last weekend having fun with the ladies. I saw a couple of movies last weekend too -- Indiana Jones and Sex and the City. Both were fun and enjoyable, but not the best movies ever. I'm hoping to see a few more movies this summer -- maybe Iron Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the new Batman, and maybe Get Smart. Trip and I are planning to go to the drive-in movie sometime this summer. If you can make it through nine hours of being in the car, you can watch three feature films on Friday or Saturday night. A pretty good time too, for only $9!

I've got lots of pictures of the vacation in Minnesota that I should put up, but it will have to wait until later...

But the big news is that I'm all signed up for the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K on June 22. Yup, I'm back to training despite spraining my ankle a few weeks ago. I think I can do the 3.1 miles in a decent time, although to break the 10 minute mile mark I will have to train harder (and perhaps run a 5K in early fall!). So we'll see how it goes!

No comments: