Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm here, blogging by special request.

Nothing too exciting happening in my life recently. It's mostly wedding stuff. We're sending out invites today. I'll actually be going to the post office in the next hour or so. Today I signed my lease for our new apartment. It's kind of scary in a way, especially since I've been in the same place for so long...three years! And lease are just kind of weird legal documents. But I'm sure everything will be fine. We decided on a two bedroom apartment. It's got a washer and dryer (WOOHOO!), a "sunroom" off of the kitchen, and a giant walk-in linen/hall closet. Plus we are on the bottom floor so we've got a walk-out patio! No enclosed patio for us; it's all outside! Trip is hoping to get a grill for next spring/summer so we can cook outside.

Oh! We finally got a results for the 5K -- my total gun time (which is probably off by a little bit ) was 31:48, with mile splits of 10:16. It was actually a little bit faster than the 5K in June (gun time 32:05 with splits of 10:20) which is pretty awesome. It was a heck of a lot hotter in August, especially on the asphalt roads, and we had a couple really big hills to go up. Trip kept saying that Angela and I would break 30 minutes at the next race. I'm not sure if that'll happen -- maybe if it's a really, really flat course, but I could see us getting our mile pace down to around 10 minutes!

So...that's about it. The weather has been crappy lately, so I haven't been up to much. I should run this afternoon, but I'm not sure how motivated I am! I'm looking forward to Labor Day weekend, not because I'm doing anything, more just to have two days off in a row! I also decided to take next Wednesday off for no particular reason -- just because I want a day off! Everyone at work has taken at least a week off for fun reasons and I will not be doing that until October. So I just wanted a day off. I am thinking that I will get my oil changed and look for a salon to have my hair and makeup done. Fun stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That new oil you put into your car had better be kosher.