Thursday, June 21, 2007

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me! I got back on Sunday from a trip to Boston for a work conference. The conference was really fun, albeit small. So there wasn't really the opportunity to sneak out and explore Boston. Luckily, I've been to Boston a few times before and didn't feel like I missed out on a whole lot. Plus it was pretty cold on Wednesday and Thursday, which didn't make me want to go exploring! I did end up going to this fabulous Italian restaraunt near Fenway. I had a delicious dish with shrimp, scallops, and mussels in a tomato and garlic sauce with angel hair pasta. The seafood was spectacular!

I also got to spend some time with Jenny H. She met me on Wednesday night for dinner at a fancy French bistro -- very, very tasty as well! We saw Kiki and Herb: Alive on Broadway -- a very funny cabaret-esque show. It was even nominated for the Special Event Tony. Unfortunately, it lost out to a ventriloquist. After the conference, Jenny and Jon picked me up and we went to Salem, MA for the day. It was quite entertaining seeing all the witches and seafarers stuff. I've got photographic proof up on my Flickr page. Then we went back to their new apartment and Jon cooked up a super delicious lasagna. I also got introduced to the joys of I <3 has said, Katamari is totally addicting. It took me a little while to be able to pick things up (and I'm not quite optimizing my abilities either), but it was quite entertaining. Can't go wrong with Japanese video games!

We also saw a really, really good movie in Boston called Once. It's an Irish movie musical about a busker who meets a girl and ends up recording music. It's mostly about the music -- super beautiful songer-songwriter stuff -- but has a tiny plot too. It's really hard to describe, but it was a really innovative and entertaining movie. I liked it so much that I bought the soundtrack on Monday. I'm planning to take Trip to see it sometime in the future.

As for upcoming plans, tonight I'm planning to make some cherry jam. I successfully made freezer strawberry jam a few weeks ago (super tasty). This time I am planning to make regular jam that involves cooking! Must be more jam-like and not so runny!

I had Monday as my day off, so I get to work both Friday and Saturday (huzzah!). But it's okay. Sunday is the big 5K which I hope I am ready for. I'm planning a long run tonight to make sure that I can do 3.1 miles without making a total fool of myself. Trust me, I feel like it could happen! But I'll be running with my friend Angela, so at least I'll have company. I just hope I don't slow her down too much. And maybe I can get Trip to take pictures of us! That would be fun.

No comments: