Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sleepiness at work continues, but since today is Sunday and normal people aren't working, I think it's okay. I kept waking up last night, despite having fallen totally asleeping during an episode of Monk and part of Iron Chef America. (The secret ingredient was peanuts and Bobby Flay made this awesome looking peanut butter French toast topped with pinot grecio and concord grape reduction. Out of curiousity, do you think they know the secret ingredient before the episode actually commences?) And I woke up at 7 am and could not fall back asleep. Until I got to church and got sleepy again. Argh!

I had a friend over for dinner on Friday night and made Hawaiian pizza and sausage-mushroom-pepper pizza. It was quite tasty and I've got quite a bit left, so guess what I'm having for dinner tonight? Trip, Angela, Cupcake and I all played Trivial Pursuit VI afterwards and I won! It was quite a good time. But I couldn't come up with the last question -- When asked to describe her role in this movie, Rachel Leigh Cook said that she was "just a girl who saved the entire world." Any guesses? The answer will be at the end of the post.

This upcoming weekend will be bridesmaid dress shopping ahoy! I am quite excited -- plus I'll get to see my sister's apartment and go out for German food with her! There is also a lot of snow in MN, so that should be quite a change from the warmish weather we've had here in Maryland. I am also getting to stay with my friend Kelly on Friday night, so it should be a fun evening of girly fun. Then it's off to bridesmaid dress shop!

I'm really hoping that I can find a wedding dress in Wisconsin. I know it'll be fun even if I don't find THE dress, but I'd really like to. I'm not even quite sure what THE dress should look like. Mostly what I know is what it shouldn't look like -- patriotic (yes, "Jon," I'm not in the market for a patriotic wedding dress -- I'm not a Republican!), poofy, princess-y, or with an enormous train. I guess I'm looking for something a little more simple without lots of lace or beading.

Today has been crazy busy, but right now it seems to have slowed down quite a bit. Usually it's just the opposite -- everyone comes in at 4 pm to look for their homework answers, but it seems like people made it to the library early today. Thank goodness, I have faded pretty fast and don't really feel like trekking up and down the stairs!

ANSWER: Josie and the Pussycats! I guessed Starship Troopers, but mostly because I didn't know any of
her movies other than She's All That.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I never guessed that for the Trivial Pursuit question. Strange.

Anonymous said...

I don't care about your political affiliation, but please don't put my name in quotes like that. I think that, when you get married, you should pay respect to the nation in which you were born.

Anyway, if you don't like my fashion ideas, that's fine, because I want to be unique at your wedding. Jenny will have to dress to the nines to compete with me!

--Jon