Sunday, December 18, 2005

I truly dislike working on Sundays. Today has actually gone faster than some Sundays, but it's difficult, working only from 1-5 pm. It pretty much eats up most of my day. And today is especially a bad day to be working -- our computer system isn't working, so people can't print. I'm surprised more people haven't complained, but that makes things a little easier here.

This morning I managed to make and decorate cut-out cookies from 8-10 am. So I've brought a dozen and a half(-ish) cookies for the people I work with today. It should be a delightful surprise, or at least I hope so.

Tonight I'm going to church somewhere different. Trip's in another Bible study because of a friend of his from high school, and so we're going to church there today. And then we're skipping Bible study but having dinner and a gift exchange with everyone. It should be fun, especially since it's the last weekend before Christmas.

I can't believe I'm going to be leaving in only four days. It doesn't feel like Christmas is only a week away. Tomorrow I've got to start packing and get everything ready so that leaving is easy. I haven't even really figured out my flight stuff -- like how early I should be at the airport and everything.

Last night I was just hanging out with Cupcake and I started a new knitting project. It's from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation -- the wavy scarf! It's actually surprisingly easy -- no purling! -- and I had some left over yarn that is working really well. It's a double-strand of yarn -- one plain blue and the other a varigated blue -- that increases and decreases to form a diamond-y patern. I actually really like it and it's good practice for me to do so many increases. Remember to knit into the back of the stitch!

No comments: