Saturday, September 10, 2005

Taking a quick break at work. It's been a busy week at work. I've had to get ready for this big presentation -- well, it's not big, only 45 minutes, but still, I had tons of prep left to do. Bibliographies are never really fun to write. So last night and this morning I stuffed the folders full of goodies to be given to the librarians. I just hope things go smoothly. I'm planning on running through the presentation tomorrow at home -- I imagine that I will more than fill the time given to me, and I'd like to get an idea of the timing.

So...other than work, it was kind of a stressful week. I am hosting a "girl's night" tonight at my apartment. Mostly because it has been a stressful week. Parents here and feeling all weird about that. Plus then there's Junior...we went out for coffee on Wednesday night post-Bible study. (Which, I might add, is totally not a Bible study and more of a book study, but apparently these kinds of quibbles only bother me and not any of the other young adults.) Our discussion took a turn for the bizarre, as he became quite, uh, serious (?) about things with us. I didn't have much to say other than...m'okay. But despite the fact that talking with him has lead to more sleepless nights than I would care to admit, we talked on Thursday and I think (hope??) things will be more normal. Plus there has been promise of a "gen-u-ine date." Whether or not that makes our previous "dates" fake, I don't know, but I'm just going with it. Perhaps I can call it a bonified date while using my hillbilly accent. Wait, I don't have a hillbilly accent. Note to self: develop a hillbilly accent before Sunday.

Oh, and the whole reason we're not hanging out tonight is that he's out of town -- so it's really been kind of weird since last Wednesday.

Okay, I gotta go. Break is over and work resumes!!

No comments: