Friday, June 03, 2005

I cannot believe that it is June already. I mean, we're already a few days into June, but seriously, where did May go?

Anyway, my Memorial Day weekend was good. I had a few things to do -- I went to a picnic at an Americorp's apartment on Saturday, which was really fun. And I ended up going to the horse races at Pimlico on Monday with the same Americorp girl and a couple Lutheran Volunteer Corps people (I'll call LVC1 and LVC2). It was fun and cheap -- fan appreciation day, so we got in for free. But hanging out with them made me feel a little guilty...I feel like I should have done something like that when I graduated from graduate school -- I mean, I had my Peace Corps application all filled out and then I never got around to finishing it. I don't know. It's just that I feel like I should have done more in the sense of volunteering. And now it would be hard to drop out of the working world and everything that I'm doing here to spend a couple years in the Peace Corps. It's not that I'm accustomed to having everything, but... I don't know. It's just that I had always planned on joining the Peace Corps -- since I was sixteen! And I can't seem to really express that I feel a bit of guilt about not actually going through with it. And I know that I can join them after I retire or whatever, but it seems like that is so far off -- mean, probably at least thirty years!! I guess I should just look into doing things locally and whatnot, or get involved with my church's partner church in Nicaragua.

Well, enough whining about not volunteering.

Over the weekend I did manage to watch the whole first and second seasons of Newsradio. Man, that was a funny show! I forgot how funny it was! And it brings back memories of my first year in college -- I was a big fan and my roommate and I would watch episodes before going to bed. It was nice.

I also got my new glasses -- my roommate says that they make me look smart! And I also got a haircut on Sunday afternoon -- which I should never do when I am bored. It didn't quite turn out how I wanted it to -- I kept the length but ended up with serious layers. And so I got home and was all like, this is not good. Luckily, I couldn't find my scissors so I didn't "fix it" right then and there. But eventually, on Monday night, I found the scissors that I use for cutting hair and I chopped off about an inch and a half off the bottom. It looks a lot better now -- it's not quite chin length. But the layers actually look normal with the shorter layers. I need to remember to say something when I am getting my haircut -- especially at Great Clips. Actually, I probably just need to buck up and spend the money to get a real haircut at a decent place. As my mother said when I called to complain about my haircut, you get what you pay for.

Right, so, I should be moving along online. Hasta luego.

No comments: