Monday, January 24, 2005

I found out about what sounds like a really interesting show today from Teevee. Look Around You is on BBC America and looks to be an interesting parody of 1970s educational films. I just bought my dad a book for Christmas called Change Your Underwear Twice a Week: Lessons from the Golden Age of Classroom Filmstrip. The book looks kind of similar to the TV show, and it seems like it would be quite entertaining. Plus it's only ten minutes long. And somehow I can't help but think it's fate that I would find something related to science and whatnot after getting a new position in a department that covers the subject area.

I was actually talking to Future Boss about the new department and I was trying to think if I had ever gotten books from the new department for my own reading enjoyment. And seriously, it hasn't been many. Just basically a couple cookbooks, the occasional book on bridges, and one that I never finished reading called Gig: Americans Talk About Their Jobs. Gig didn't include a story from a librarian, so I never really got around to reading it. Perhaps now I shall have to read more about job searching and etc. I do own a copy of What Should I Do With My Life? by Po Bronson. I enjoyed it a lot when I was finishing up grad school, but I went back and bought the book last year and found it less fun and more about Po than I had remembered. Maybe I'll have to reread it again.

No comments: