Tuesday, November 09, 2004

My sister and parents both bothered me for a Christmas list last week. I was a bit concerned because I couldn't come up with anything off the top of my head, but promised that I would pull something together by Thanksgiving. Thanks to my rockin' Amazon wishlist, I have a lot of ideas.

My Christmas List 2004:

Books/Magazine:
  1. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction (Liberal humor! Kerry may not have won, but this book will still be funny!)
  2. American Film Institute Desk Reference: The Complete Guide to Everything You Need to Know about the Movies (Sounds like my kind of book.)
  3. The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (Ditto. Like the IMDb, only without having to go online.)
  4. subscription to Now Playing, the TCM guide

DVDs (Movie/TV):

  1. The Alfred Hitchcock Signature Collection (Strangers on a Train Two-Disc Edition / North by Northwest / Dial M for Murder / Foreign Correspondent / Suspicion / The Wrong Man / Stage Fright / I Confess / Mr. and Mrs. Smith) (Expensive, but totally worth it!)
  2. How to Steal a Million (maybe -- I have a feeling I might buy it for myself BEFORE Christmas)
  3. Anchors Aweigh (I haven't ever seen it, but I love Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. Plus there's that dance with Jerry.)
  4. West Side Story (Special Edition DVD Collector's Set) (I've got it on VHS, but I would like the DVD.)
  5. Take Me Out to the Ball Game (One my favorite cheesy musicals.)
  6. Annie Get Your Gun (A wonderfully spunky musical.)
  7. Good News (There's a dance number in a library!!)
  8. Due South: The Complete Third Season
    (from the Canadian Amazon -- not available in the US)
  9. Due South: The Complete Second Season (ditto)
  10. Due South: The Complete First Season (you guessed it!)
Cookware:
  1. William-Sonoma spoonula in Cinnamon. It's pretty.
  2. Pastry cutter (not necessarily William-Sonoma)
  3. Latte mixing bowls (in pear or yellow)

Clothing:

  1. Black purse from Target
  2. New York & Co. gift certificate (or sweater, they're all pretty!)
  3. I'm Blue T-shirt (girlie large, me thinks)

Jewelry:

  1. Silvertone watch with seven ribbon bands
  2. Signature tiny circle necklace (very, very cute!)

Misc. Electronics and Etc.

  1. New glasses frames from Wal-Mart (not available online)
  2. 2005 Mini Wall Calendar: Vintage Movie Posters (it's the third item down on that page)
  3. Classic Cocktails: 15 Coasters (fourth item down)
  4. A digital camera
  5. SceneIt? Tuner Classic Movies edition game

I think it's a pretty good list. Plus, there's always things like knitting/crocheting books. Or other fun things that I can't think of. Heck, I could always go for a fun UWEC T-shirt or something. Long sleeved.


No comments: