Saturday, October 02, 2004

I've been a bad blogger of late. Sure, I updated like four times on Tuesday, but I couldn't be bothered to update until now.

The new apartment is coming together quite nicely. I did finally manage to clean the old apartment Thursday night. It was kind of sad to turn in the keys -- after all, Rodgers Forge was the first apartment that I had all to myself -- but my new place is pretty sweet in comparison. Dishwasher, baby! That's all I have to say.

I spent yesterday setting up my desk in the study, or as I'd like to call it, the library. I would have gone online yesterday, but I think I need to get a new phone cable for the computer. Plus we're going to have to split the line so my roommate can get online too. I also managed to get a storage locker, so my bike and many, many, many boxes are out of the way. My room is almost done. I got all the clothes in the dresser and put up the curtains, but I've still go to organize all my crafty stuff. I need to start working on my crafty stuff -- but the end is almost there for the Lord Peter Wimsey books!!

And that's a natural segue into a Wimsey update: I finished Murder Must Advertise. It was quite entertaining. Death is Wimsey's middle name! Apparently it rhymes with teeth, but regardless, Death is a cool name. Those crazy Brits! So now I'm working on The Nine Tailors. It's okay, but I'm looking forward to re-reading Gaudy Night. I don't even remember who the poison pen writer is -- and I only read it less than a year ago! It may be the best of the series, but honestly, I think that it is smarter to read the whole series. I feel as though I have a much better appreciation of the characters by undergoing a longer journey with them -- and not just jumping in at the crucial moment.

Right-o. Well, there's not too much else going on today. I am the copier queen at work -- it seems as though most of what I do is help people with the photocopier. Seriously, did I need my master's degree for this? Uh, not so much.

Tonight I'm going to the Fell's Point Fun Fest with some fellow librarians. I'm thinking it'll be a good time. And even if it isn't, the Festival is over at 7 pm! What kind of Festival ends at 7 pm? Oh, a fun fest in Baltimore. Crazy.

With regards to my other-other roommate -- Petra the kitty. She has totally grown on me. I enjoy having her around, but I gotta say this: I wouldn't want to clean up after her! I am really enjoying the benefits of pet ownership -- only none of the drawbacks (i.e., scooping her litter, paying for her food, having her disturb my sleep, etc.). Sure, she doesn't cuddle with me as much as Roommate, but that will change. (Cue evil laugh.)

No comments: