Monday, September 20, 2004

Righty-o.

So, it was a fruitful weekend for some people -- Britney Spears managed to get married! And I packed up my other bookcase, all my DVDs and videos, and most of my desk stuff. I also shredded (by hand!) a year's worth of bank statements, utility and phone bills, and other miscellaneous unnecessary documents. I mowed through yet another Lord Peter Wimsey book, The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club. It was good, but I am looking forward to the next book, which I just got today at work, Strong Poison. It will introduce his love interest for the rest of the series, Harriet Vane, who Lord Peter has to get off of a poisoning charge. Good stuff! And in the other blog news, I wrote an enormous review of Singin' in the Rain. What a fantastic musical!

And I must say, after going to Amazon to get the linkies for the books, I want to get a copy of America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction by the writers of the Daily Show. From the reviews I've read of it, it looks hilarious. And can you go wrong with the Daily Show? I think not, even if I can't stay up until eleven-thirty EST to watch it any more.

So, anything else new with me? Not really. Just getting ready for the big move, and having a bit of angst over my soon-to-be reached one year anniversary of moving to Maryland. The move isn't helping, and today wasn't the best day -- I didn't get much sleep last night and had a "discussion" with one of my co-workers that was kind of upseting. So, yeah, I'm not exactly unhappy with where I am today, but I'm not real excited either. It's hard to pin things down -- I am glad to moving (most of the time), but sometimes I just don't want to be here. I wish I wasn't a grown-up, having to deal with grown-up things. Most of all, I just keep wondering when it is going to get easier. I keep feeling like I have no money, and I miss my family. I wish I were closer to some of my college friends.

Well, I feel as though that's enough emotional venting for one day. Honestly, I'm not doing as bad as it may sound. It's just that it's been a slow day at work, and I've had (probably) too much time to think things through.

No comments: