Thursday, July 15, 2004

Blogger has changed their settings again. I guess that's what happens when I don't post for almost two weeks.

Anyway, my vacation was great. I enjoyed being back in Wisconsin. Surprisingly, the Twin Cities did not impress me a lot -- it seems like a nice area, but nothing spectacular. Just another big city, with similar atmosphere. So, I have to ask myself, do I really want to move there? Who knows?

Eau Claire was good as well, even if I couldn't find Waters Street right away. I even had to call Adam -- I for some reason headed downtown and then couldn't remember that Waters Street runs parallel to campus. Crazy. But, in my defense, it had been over two years since I had last been down to that area of Eau Claire. C'est la vie!

And Appleton was fun. It was great to see Ellen again -- and we went and saw Anchorman which was awesome. "I love lamp." Heehee. Ellen also has an enormous late '70s style condo, which is cool in a totally retro way. She also wants me to move in with her -- then she won't have to decorate the spare bedroom. I honestly would almost think about it -- but I told her she'd need to find me a job first.

Yeah, other than that, I sat around and watched TV. Didn't manage to watch a ton of TCM, but I did see The Roaring Twenties and the original 1962 version of Cape Fear. Fairly good choices, but I mostly enjoyed some BBC America.

Well, more about my vacation later. I didn't remember to bring my info for audioblogging along with me, so there were no updates from the road. (How sad...)

One last thing: my computer at work is still broken! It's been two weeks and they have still not managed to come and fix it! Yargh. And I even tried to bribe one of the IT guys wih coffee cake. I am sorely disappointed at the power of my coffee cake.

No comments: