Friday, April 02, 2004

I just popped online to check my email and maybe blog a little while I finished off my coffee. But my internet seems slower than normal, so I've already finished the coffee.

Anyway, I just called the Augsburg College HR office and found out about their timeline. The search committee just started meeting yesterday, so it'll probably be another one to two weeks. I'm guessing longer. It seems like academic job hirings are sooooo much longer. I probably won't hear from them for another month or so. But I have had confirmation letters from both Madison and Milwaukee. Ideally, I would get the job in Madison, of those two. Super ideally I'll get the job at Augsburg, but I'm not real confident about that one.

Regardless, I just need to keep reminding myself that I am employed. Period. There is money coming into pay the bills and I cannot complain in a tight economy. And if I don't like my job after two years/September 2005, I can apply for graduate school again. Go get my English MA and then look for a library job/professor position. It's an option! And since I've already got one master's degree, it should be easier. I think I might be able to skip taking the GRE. I could even go to San Diego State for their children's literature MA.

I'm going to go to the library and Borders now. My apartment is a mess, but I don't feel like dealing with it right now. And then maybe I'll go to Target to get some cleaning supplies. I need to mop the floors, and I should probably buy a broom. I'm thinking I'll post some more later this afternoon/evening to share the library books I'm going to get, along with all the DVDs that I bought last weekend. After all, I love making lists!

No comments: