Saturday, February 14, 2004

Don't you hate it when people use words that sound all fancy and "cutting edge" but they are really just annoying. I got a transcript of a reference chat to follow up on today that uses this kind of annoying talk. I quote:

We were disconnected, before we could really dialogue after they were transferred. (Italics and bold added by me)


What the heck is this person talking about? I mean seriously, what do they mean "dialogue"? Dialogue is something that you write in a play! It is a noun, not a verb!!!

Well, enough of my English-majoring sensabilities being offended. A follow up to an earlier complaint -- the woman who annoys me by calling herself a librarian when she is clearly not one has now been called a "part-time librarian" in the acknowledgements of a new book. She's not a bloody librarian. I can't imagine that is her job title, and if it is, she should have an MLS (or as I have, an MLIS).

Argh.

No comments: