Thursday, June 28, 2007

Two exciting things happened this past week.

I ran a 5K on Sunday with my friend Angela. It was a women-only 5K and was a lot of fun. Because the race started at 8 am, it was nice and cool -- perfect weather for running! I also did AWESOME with my time. Since the last race that I ran back in November, I took around 1:20 off my mile split, down to 10:20 per mile with a finish time of 32:05 gun time and 31:42 with the chip. I got to wear a chip around my ankle which recorded when I actually went over the start line and when I finished. Best of all, I actually RAN THE WHOLE RACE!!! No stopping, even when I had a stitch in my side. I couldn't believe it. I think running with someone really helps motivate me!

In other news, I ended up having to use my system disk to restart my computer and lost my hard drive. Not very fun! Especially since I had (have?) an extensive MP3 collection from my college days when file sharing was less restricted. It was a very sad day for me, but I got some good news from some computer geeks I work with. He apparently had a similar problem and was able to get everything off of his hard drive. So I'm going to download some file recovery software tonight/tomorrow and see what I can get back. The downside is that they say you shouldn't install anything on the drive that you are trying to recover...so I really want the MP3s back, so I might end up losing some of the other stuff on my other hard drive. I don't really know how to get around this. Luckily, another one of my friends has a computer geek boyfriend, and maybe he'll have something that I can do.

This weekend looks like it'll be a fun one. We've got plans to visit Anapolis on Friday night to see an Irish band with some church friends. Sunday afternoon we're going cake tasting! I am looking forward to that!

I am having second thoughts about my shoes for the event. Luckily, with Zappos, I've got up to a year to return them as long as I don't wear 'em out. I need to try them on again, but I think I might want something more delicate. It's hard to balance comfort with aesthetics.

No comments: