Friday, May 25, 2007

New look! The old format had been the same since....wow! I started this blog pretty shortly after I moved out to Baltimore. So it's been at least 3 1/2 years. CRAZY!

I went for a run/walk this morning. I probably ran about 2 miles and walked another mile. I am hoping/planning to do another 5K at the end of June, so I should probably be running the whole 3 miles. I think I need new shoes. My feet keep hurting, like in the arches and the sides, so it makes me want to walk. I like running and I actually feel better running than when I stop, but it's hard to motivate myself sometimes. And today I was thinking that since I don't run with anyone (Trip's stomach problems have kept him for exercising with me), I should get an iPod. It seems silly to spend $250(ish) on myself for an iPod. Especially since my first MP3 player broke. We'll see...

Trip added some stuff to my Flickr page, so I've posted some pics from the Goth Prom. It was a lot of fun last weekend. I didn't think I'd be that into it, but once I got some black eyeliner and dark lipstick, I realized that I could really pull off the Goth look! If only I'd known back in high school.

This weekend looks to be a fairly tame one. I get to go to a wedding in Ocean City, NJ on Sunday with Trip's family. It's his step-cousins getting married. And I think we're going to a picnic/open house that one of his high school friends is throwing on Monday afternoon. It'll just be nice to have two days off in a row! (Not that I should complain, I didn't work Wednesday because I got to take Trip to the doctor instead.)

Anyway! Since I've made it over half-way through the 100 Books Challenge for 2007, I thought I'd post the list. I didn't do it last year (slacker!), but I'd like to at least list the books, even if I don't review 'em. I'll put stars next to the super awesome ones that everyone should read.

100 BOOKS IN 2007
  1. Excellent Women - Barbara Pym (*) - 1/7
  2. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle - Betty McDonald (not as good as I remembered) - 1/11
  3. A Ring Around Her Finger (bad vintage YA fiction) - 1/13
  4. Introducing Ruby Valentine - 1/18
  5. The Emperor's Children - Claire Messud - 1/25
  6. The Professor's Daughter (*) - 1/25
  7. Peanut Butter & Jeremy's Best Book Ever (* Fun graphic novel about a kitty that wears hats) - 1/21
  8. Austenland - Sharon Hale (Fun modern take-off on Austen) - 1/25
  9. An Abundence of Katherines - John Green (*** Excellent YA fiction, v. funny. [as a side note, I met him at the library too!]) - 1/29
  10. Looking for Alaska - John Green (* Sad but good)
  11. Crunchtime - 2/2
  12. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things (* Good YA book about body image) - 2/5
  13. Dramarama - E. Lockhart (* Fun at drama camp) - 2/6
  14. Wedding Ettiquette Hell - 2/14
  15. The Book of Lost Things - John Connolly (*) - 2/15
  16. Bras & Broomsticks - Sarah Mlynowski - 2/21
  17. Tropical Kiss - Jan Coffey - 2/24
  18. American Born Chinese - Gene Luen Yang (** Excellent YA graphic novel) - 2/26
  19. Cancer Vixen - Marisa Acocella Marchetto (*) - 3/1
  20. Room for Improvement - 3/2
  21. The Road of the Dead - 3/3
  22. Carolina Isle - Jude Devereaux (BAD!!) - 3/4
  23. Al Capone Does My Shirts - 3/10
  24. The Ballad of Cauldron Bay (*) - 3/13
  25. The Boy Book - E. Lockhart (*) - 3/17
  26. Love and Other Four-Letter Words - Carolyn Meckler - 3/12
  27. Journal - 3/26
  28. The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie - Jaclyn Moriarty (*) - 3/26
  29. The Year of Secret Assignments - Jaclyn Moriarty (*) - 3/29
  30. The Pursuit of Happiness - Tara Alterbrand - 4/6
  31. For Better or Hearse - 4/9
  32. The World in My Kitchen - Colette Rossand - 4/12
  33. Anatomy of a Boyfriend - Daria Snadowsky - 4/12
  34. The Adventures of Michael MacInnes - 4/13
  35. Newlyweds - 4/15
  36. The Remarkable Life and Times of Eliza Rose - 4/16
  37. Reality TV Bites - 4/20
  38. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (****) - 4/25
  39. 20 Times a Lady - 4/25
  40. Little Lady, Big Apple - Hester Browne - 4/27
  41. Hearts of Stone - Kathleen Ernst (*) - 5/3
  42. Love is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time - Rob Sheffield (**) - 5/6
  43. Tears of a Class Clown - Sara Faith Alterman (* Nice change of pace in chick lit) - 5/8
  44. Altared - ed. Collen Curran (*, especially for brides!) - 5/14
  45. The Pirates! in an Adventure with Scientists - Gideon Defoe (**) - 5/14
  46. The Pirates! in an Adventure with Ahab - Gideon Defoe (**) - 5/15
  47. Size 14 is Not Fat Either - Meg Cabot (Disappointing) - 5/21
  48. The Key to the Golden Firebird: A Novel - Maureen Johnson Highly (***) - 5/21
  49. Feeling Sorry for Celia - Jaclyn Moriarty (*) - 5/24
  50. The P.L.A.I.N. Janes (** Fun graphic novel) - 5/23
  51. Polly - Amy Bryant - 5/25
So that's all for now!!

No comments: