Friday, May 18, 2007

It's been a busy day off. I met with a florist this morning. She was probably more unorganized that I expected (although that is a sign of creativity), but super enthusiastic about all my ideas and everything. And it was a short meeting!

We got our carpets cleaned this morning -- they're mostly dry now. And they look really nice! We might not lose all of our deposit due to the ugly carpets.

I went grocery shopping and got a soft pretzel at Target. It wasn't the best pretzel ever, but I really like getting them for lunch on my day off. Tasty!

I also made a loaf of brown soda bread. It just came out of the oven and looks quite tasty! I think it'll be good with jam and butter for breakfast. It's made of a 50-50 blend of whole wheat and regular flour. I found the recipe on Epicurious, which is my go-to site for fun new recipes. I found the most awesome salmon recipe there -- it's basically a salmon fillet with some mustard on it wrapped with a piece of bacon. Broil for 4-5 minutes on each side and enjoy! Super tasty, especially with sauteed spinach.

Next week should be a good week for work. I work Monday, Tuesday, off Wednesday, work Thursday, off Friday, and work Saturday. And then it's a two day weekend! Of course, I'm going to a wedding in Ocean City, NJ on Sunday, but it should be fun, even with the traveling.

Tuesday night we're going to see the John Butler Trio at Sonar. They're really quite good -- like the Dave Matthews Band of Australia. Only not so...DMB-ish. My impression is that John Butler is a really good musician -- he plays a bunch of different instruments and sings quite well.

Oh! Travis has a new CD out -- The Boy With No Name! It's quite good - a return to their old form. I really like their single Closer, and several of the other songs are quite good too. I hope that they tour in the US -- I'd really like to see them live again!

Mmmm. The bread is tasty! I hear that it's better after cooling, but I was hungry! Yum.

No comments: