Saturday, April 09, 2005

I have become much more of a cook of late. Last week I made homemade macaroni and cheese, which I turned into a killer casserole with the addition of ham and broccoli. Yum. And this week, I made chicken paprikash, which is this tasty meal that strikes me as being very Hungarian. It's chicken in a sour cream, tomato, and paprika sauce with onions and green peppers. Yum. And I've got a delicious sounding tuna and bean tortilla filling to make later in the week when I'm out of the chicken. I enjoy making meals on my day off that I can eat for the rest of the week. And I have to work all weekend, including Sunday, so I don't really have a lot of time to cook.

Tonight is the Borrower's Bash at work -- it's our inagural fundraiser. I'm volunteering at it -- working the silent auction. Tickets were seventy-five dollars, so I was not going to be going unless I was volunteering. I think it should be fun though. There's lots of local authors signing their books, Jim Lehrer and his wife Kate (I think) are going to be doing a talk, lots of bands, and best of all, an open bar! Actually, several open bars, including a piano bar! I can't wait to see what the main hall 0f the library looks like -- I think it's going to be a pretty cool transformation.

So that means that I am going to be downtown until about 10:30 tonight. Although, with my luck, it'll probably end up being longer. And I'll be right back here at 1 pm tomorrow afternoon. Cue the sad music.

I went to the mall yesterday to look for some new sandals. And I fell in love with a pair of Dansko sandals -- they are so comfy and cute! I don't know if I would like them in green -- it's a little too bright, but the tan-ish color is really pretty and practical. The only downside is that they are over $100!!! Yikes! But I have a feeling that they would last forever. Oh well, I'll keep an eye on them at Nordstroms and perhaps someday they'll be on sale.

Okay, I should get back to work. My break is over!!

No comments: