Thursday, July 01, 2004

There have been some computer problems at the library. The network was down for most of yesterday and part of the day before -- so for at least an hour we didn't have any phones. (Voice over IP is just fantastic!) So guess who got to play some pinball while at work? Oh, that would be me. And then my computer won't work -- they think that the hard drive has been corrupted or something, so I probably won't have a computer to work on until I get back from Wisconsin. (I'm assuming since they haven't taken the CPU yet, that they probably won't start until today and won't finish by tomorrow.)

And right now I'm down in Af-Am, so I've basically got an hour to work on stuff or do nothing. I'm in the mood to do nothing, so here I am.

I was supposed to play poker tonight with some of the librarians in Roger's Forge, but I've got a lot of crap to do before leaving tomorrow night, so no poker for me. I am kind of bummed -- I think it would have been fun, and I'd really like to learn how to play poker. But, on the other hand, I have to do laundry and clean. Plus there's the money that I'm sure I would lose. I might stop by -- Golden Boy lives pretty close to me -- and say hi later in the evening.

So I'm off on vacation starting tomorrow night. I hoping it's as much fun as I think it will be. There will be much driving -- up to the UP and over to Minnesota -- so I'm trying to bring some good long books (The Forsyte Saga that I picked up in MA) and lots of CDs. And I'm packing some dancing clothes -- I'm going out on Friday night in Minneapolis with Katie and co. I've never gone dancing before (and I know it's sad, but no one has ever invited me before!), so I'm looking forward to it.

My boredom with work has alleviated itself today. It helps that the department had a "First Thursday" where we spend the first hour before the library opens having breakfast food and drinking coffee and socializing. I brought in coffee cake -- and it was very tasty! I'm still looking into graduate school, and I'll probably end up discussing it with family and friends while I am home, but right at this moment, I'm okay with where I am. Maybe it's because I know I'm leaving soon! Yeah, I just keep looking for jobs...

There shouldn't be too much from me on this blog whilst I'm out of town -- although I want to try using the Audioblog feature. I'd love to record my road trip to the Twin Cities -- and maybe even my first time out dancing. What fun I will have with my new cell phone!

No comments: